AirPlay lets you wirelessly stream movies, music, and photos from iOS devices or Mac to your HDTV with Apple TV. But if you don’t have an Apple TV or don’t want to send so much money, you can try X-Mirage, which works on your Mac, can mirror iOS devices screen or stream movies, photos and music from iOS devices to your Mac.
Today, I will show you how to use X-Mirage to stream movies from iPad to your Mac.
To begin with X-Mirage, you’ll need:
- Mac(to install X-Mirage on)
- iPad 2, 3, 4, iPad mini, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPod touch 5
1. Download, install and run X-Mirage on your Mac.
The tutorials on the interface is for enabling AirPlay Mirroring on iPhone and iPad running iOS6 or iOS 7. When you enable AirPlay Mirroring on your iOS devices, the screen of iOS devices is mirrored to the Mac installed X-Mirage. Here we are not using the AirPlay Mirroring, but AirPlay.
2. Run apps that are AirPlay-enabled and hit the ‘AirPlay’ icon.
Open apps you want to watch videos with on your iPhone, iPad or iPod and play any videos, find the AirPlay icon and hit it, choose X-Mirage[your Mac name] in the Devices list, then the video is streamed to your Mac.
3. You can control the play on your Mac.